Traditions and Handicraft
Around the turn of the 15th and 18th century, in the small Abruzzese centre numerous workers from Lombardy settled there, skilled in the craft of iron, stone, goldsmith’s art, pillow lace, intaglio of wood and marble.
Since the introduction of these productive skills, extraordinary examples of an artistic handicraft have developed in an autonomous way, contributing in a decisive manner to the economic and cultural progress of the community and to the birth of traditions which are jealously kept to nowadays.
1. Falconio pastry-making and confectionary;
2. Macino Gianluca goldsmith’s art;
3. Donatelli Nicodemo’s wrought iron handicrafts;
4. Zappa Salvatore’s wrought iron handicrafts;
5. Pillow lace museum and local handicraft;
6. La Casina d’oro goldsmith’s;
7. Tollis goldsmisth’s;
8. Domenicano goldsmith’s;
9. Trine d’oro goldsmith’s;
10. Di Padova handicraft products.